This home represents a very rare opportunity to own a piece of Bon Air’s earliest homes. Which has now been meticulously and beautifully restored - ready for the next 130 years on this large peaceful lot. The Cook-Mercer-Fraker Home (the Fraker house) was built by Jacob Fraker in 1893 for George S. Cook, whose own residence was one block away. The Cooks rented the house for many years before selling it to Dr. Charles Mercer in 1921. The house stayed in the Mercer family for nearly 100 years, serving the Mercer’s daughter, Nan after her marriage to Ed Fraker (the original buider’s great grandson). The house is built in the single room wide style familiar to those who have visited the historic homes in Charleston, which is understandable since George Cook had spent decades in Charleston building his reputation as one of the country’s foremost portrait photographer. His work, and that of his son, Huestis Cook, work comprises the esteemed Cook Collection at the Richmond Valentine History Center. Upgrades include, but not limited to: new kitchen, refinished floors, new electrical, plumbing, hvac. Incredible landscaping with irrigation and fenced yard. Trim color matched original.